Friday, February 26, 2010

What Good Readers Do by Cassey D.

You always need to read the back of the book.
Read every day.
You also need to PREDICT about what’s going to happen in the book you’re going to be reading.
You need to skim and scan, too.
You also need to use this thing called the five-finger rule.
That is when you pick any page in you’re book then read that page. If you don’t know a word put one finger up. If you get to all five fingers up then that book is probably too hard for you, but you can only do that with for-fun books.
Then make Connections. That is when you connect something that’s has happened, will happen, or is happening around you. There are three different kinds of connections like text to world, text to text, text to self.

Set a purpose why you’re reading that book.

Get an A.R. book, which means accelerated reader.

Also, when you are taking a reading test you need to read the questions before you read the passage. So you know what you’re looking for in the passage that you are reading.

You need to make a mental image in your head, which means you make a picture in your head while you reading. 

           

11 comments:

  1. Yay Cassey! I got it to work for you! It doesn't look exactly right though, so I'll keep working on it to see if I can fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Cassey......that was a good little summary......i liked it. Nice work. i think you are a good writer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Work! Way to go Cassey that is what good readers like you do. I am going to print this off and read it aloud to my fourth graders. It will really help them out. Thanks! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cassey, you did an awesome job with your post. I am very excited about this and your knowledge of reading. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I am not good at predicting what's going to happen. I actually really like your list of what you should do. I believe I will print it off and keep it by my computer (where I read most of the time) so I can refer back to it and remember. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Ideas Cassey! I agree with your post that you should always read the back of the book because then you have an idea of what it is going to be about. That will help you to PREDICT what you think is going to happen in the story. Sometimes, I am very surprised at the end of a book as it turns out differently than I have predicted. I always think that it is a really good book if the author can keep the ending a surprise for me. Keep on Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an awesome job and i liked that you brought up the five finger rule.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an awesome story because i like you include the five fingure rule.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all you taught me.I liked the part about how to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned how to read the back of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved it Cassey!!! That was awsome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete